Our Place – The Top of the South
Fresh FM broadcasts across the Nelson/Tasman region on 104.8, Eastern Golden Bay on 95.0 and Blenheim on 88.9. We also operate a low powered FM transmitter covering inner Nelson city areas on 107.2.
Fresh FM is the only Community Access radio station in the region and is the only one in New Zealand covering such a wide region and using studios in multiple locations.
The region’s location makes it very much a destination in its own right, which means visitors arrive with the intention of discovering what we have to offer. They very quickly come to realise there is a lot more than meets the eye and it’s not unusual for people to stay longer than originally intended, or to make sure they return for a second, third or fourth visit as soon as possible!
Nelson has a warm climate and regularly records the highest sunshine hours in New Zealand.
In Our Place you will find:
Warm climate; warm people
* Mild climate and sunny clear days in all four seasons
* Outdoor activities to enjoy all year
* New Zealand’s 10th most populous city with 55,000 people including migrant groups from UK, Germany, America and more
* M?ori occupation dating back 800 years
Three national parks – three distinct adventures
* Abel Tasman National Park: golden sands, coastal bays, and lagoons, travel by foot and water taxi only
* Kahurangi National Park: rolling tussock downs, wild river gorges, karst outcrops and spectacular cave systems
* Nelson Lakes National Park: the northernmost Southern Alps, tranquil beech forests, craggy mountains, clear streams, fields of tussock and alpine flora. Lakes Rotoiti and Rotoroa have areas for picnicking and boating